Saturday, September 8, 2012

Freezer Meals for postpartum

At 38 weeks pregnant, I and two friends made freezer meals to stow away for when the baby comes!

We made lasagna, enchiladas, bean burritos, meat loaf, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and zucchini bread!

We made enough to last a month, but I am thinking it will last longer (I hope).
We filled our chest freezer to the brim!

I would not suggest doing this so far along, as I was exhausted by the end of the day! I would say make freezer meals weekly, a good date night idea, or a way to get the children involved in helping make meals.

Choose foods you would love to eat after birth, and foods that are easy to assemble and that are freezer stable.

The book I recommend for recipes is :

Fast, Freeze, Feast

I like how you can make a small or large batch, and she gives recipes for both. She also give nice breakfast and snack alternatives, instead of just dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment