Wednesday, September 12, 2012

39 weeks and severely sick!

I have not posted in a while, because I have come down with a nasty cough and fever. Jeremyah and Charlotte have a less severe case of it, but they are getting over it more quickly then I am.

We went on a last minuet camping trip, because Jons best childhood friend was in town for only two days. So we drive 2 hours to the top of a freezing cold mountain to join his friend and family on a bear hunting excursion. It was fun, I was (and still am) very run down, and tired. Sleeping on the ground in the freezing cold is not exactly conducive for a 38 1/2 week pregnant woman! Anyways, I think that's how we all got sick, the wether change, not being warm enough and being tired just ran my body down.

Thank you to God's wonderful creation and Jon's good eyes, on the way down the mountain heading home, he saw a big elderberry tree! Jon stopped an cut off some branches with elderberries and on the way home I picked them. As some of you know, elderberries have great medicinal properties and are very high in antioxidants, and great for you when you are sick!

Stay tuned for the next post on how to make Elderberry cough syrup, safe for pregnancy and children!

No comments:

Post a Comment