Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our Proposal

Date of event
5/10/2009
How we got engaged
Photobucket
Last year Jon and Paris went to a state park called Wheeler Gorge. It is a camp ground with a creek and places to hike as well. They carved their names in a tree and could not wait until they could see it again!

Jon took Paris to Wheeler Gorge, and they were climbing rocks through the creek filled with water. They were have normal conversations, and playing around in the water, and making bets to see how long it was to the tree that they had previously carved in.

Of course Paris won, because the tree was as close as she remembers it to be. He took her to the tree, and there were two old guys sitting under the bridge, and Jon felt that proposing in front of them would not be romantic at all. So they went to go look at the tree and the rock that they carved into, took a few pictures, and started walking back down the creek.

They made a pit stop at what they called the "Love Rock" because it was the only rock that was like a couch in the middle of the dammed up part of the creek. So they sat down and they started to talk. Jon and Paris exclaimed that they both really liked this place. Jon asked "Do you want to make this place special." At that point Paris knew.

He pulled out a box with a beautiful ring in it and Jon stated " Let me be your man, and I promise to love you with a love that never ends. I want you to be the one beside me on our rocking chairs watching the green grass grow. there is no one I would rather be with or care for than you. You are my Sunshine and without you my life is dark. So be my wife and we will spend the rest of our lives together forever and ever Amen!"

Paris said "So are you asking me to marry you?!" Jon said, "Will you marry me?" and of course Paris said YES!

They were engaged on May 10th, 2009 at 7:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment